Watford FC vs Manchester City
League: English Premier League
Date: Sunday, 21st May 2017
Time: Kick off at 15:00
Venue: Vicarage Road
- Following the red card to Sebastian Prödl at Stamford Bridge in midweek, Walter Mazzarri has a massive problem at the back, praying on the fitness of Britos or Kabasele, with Younes Kaboul and Craig Cathcart still sidelined.
- The pair are major doubts though, so Watford may have to play someone out of position alongside Adrian Mariappa, with Etienne Capoue a candidate having played at centre-back a considerable amount in France and more recently on occasion at Spurs.
- Stefano Okaka may get the nod over Troy Deeney to lead the line having scored from the bench on Monday.
- With no fresh injury concerns, Guardiola’s one key decision may revolve around sentimentality, with Pablo Zabaleta leaving the club at the end of the season.
- The visitors still need a result to ensure a top 4 finish, but Guardiola should have faith in the Argentine to do a job on Sunday and recall him to the starting XI.
- It’s a move that would likely see Yaya Toure sacrificed – though this could also be his last game in a City shirt – while Vincent Kompany may not be risked after picking up a knock in midweek.
Watford FC vs Manchester City Head to Head [H2H]:
14th Dec 16 England – Premier League Manchester City : Watford 2:0
02nd Jan 16 England – Premier League Watford : Manchester City 1:2
29th Aug 15 England – Premier League Manchester City : Watford 2:0
25th Jan 14 England – FA Cup Manchester City : Watford 4:2
05th Jan 13 England – FA Cup Manchester City : Watford 3:0
Manchester City have scored 1+ goals in all of their last 8 away all competitions games
Manchester City have scored 2+ goals in all of their last 5 games against Watford FC in all competitions
Over 2.5 goals were seen in Manchester City’s last 4 matches in Premier League
Over 2.5 goals were scored in Manchester City’s last 4 away matches in Premier League
Manchester City have scored at least two goals in their last 4 league games
Over 2.5 Goals.