Hamburger SV vs VfL Wolfsburg
League: German Bundesliga
Date: Friday, 20th May 2017
Time: Kick off at 14:30
- Mergim Mavraj returns from a one-match ban to replace Gideon Jung at centre-back, with the latter most likely switching back to his usual position in central midfield.
- Gotoku Sakai will switch to right-back to replace the suspended Dennis Diekmeier, with Matthias Ostrzolek filling in on the left.
- Youth player Bakery Jatta could get another chance on the right wing after a promising full debut last weekend, with Nicolai Müller and Aaron Hunt both doubtful to recover from injuries in time.
- Yannick Gerhardt returns from a one-match ban and will most likely start at left-back.
- Vierinha or Yunus Malli could return to the starting Xi to replace the suspended Riechedly Bazoer.
- Otherwise, manager Andries Jonker is unlikely to make any unforced changes.
Hamburger SV vs VfL Wolfsburg Head to Head [H2H]:
21st Jan 17 Germany – 1. Bundesliga Wolfsburg : Hamburger SV 1:0
07th May 16 Germany – 1. Bundesliga Hamburger SV : Wolfsburg 0:1
12th Dec 15 Germany – 1. Bundesliga Wolfsburg : Hamburger SV 1:1
11th Apr 15 Germany – 1. Bundesliga Hamburger SV : Wolfsburg 0:2
09th Nov 14 Germany – 1. Bundesliga Wolfsburg : Hamburger SV 2:0
26th Jul 14 International – Club Friendlies Hamburger SV : Wolfsburg 5:6
19th Apr 14 Germany – 1. Bundesliga Hamburger SV : Wolfsburg 1:3
VfL Wolfsburg are undefeated in their last 11 games against Hamburger SV in Bundesliga
VfL Wolfsburg are undefeated against Hamburger SV in 9 consecutive away matches in the league
VfL Wolfsburg have won their last 3 away matches against Hamburger SV in Bundesliga
Hamburger SV have drawn at half time their last 11 home league games
VfL Wolfsburg are unbeaten in 18 of their last 21 matches against Hamburger SV in Bundesliga
VfL Wolfsburg to Win or Draw.