Barcelona vs Chelsea
UEFA – Champions League
Date: Wednesday, 14 March 2018
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK
Venue: Camp Nou (Barcelona).
One of the derbies of the eight-finals of the Champions League is going to be contested between Barcelona and Chelsea. First match two weeks ago ended with a draw and both sides will be searching for their chance to progress to the next round.
Home side secured their place in the knockout phase without many troubles. They were drawn in the group along with Juventus, Sporting and Olympiakos, where they’ve secured a top spot. Gerard Pique and the lads have conceded only once in these six matches. Everything goes according to plans in Primera Liga as well since they are eight points ahead of Atletico Madrid. Barcelona are one of the hottest favourites for winning the trophy, but their first obstacle is everything but easy. They managed to pull out a draw from the first leg, and more important for Barcelona is that they managed to score an away goal.
Antonio Conte’s side is not enjoying a good form lately since they have lost to both Manchester’s teams in two consecutive rounds in the Premier League. Those defeats costed them the spot in the top four and they need to catch up their main rivals, Liverpool and Tottenham. Their champions League campaign was decent so far, they didn’t have such a tough group and they finished that stage behind Roma. English champions need to score if they want to stand the chance of going further in the competition and this promises a very entertaining clash.
Barcelona vs Chelsea: Head-to-head [H2H]
Since 2000, these two sides met each other 13 times in the Champions League. Chelsea managed to eliminate their opponents back in 2012, while Barcelona were better side in 2006 and 2009. When these teams are facing each other, goals are almost guaranteed in both nets.
Barcelona potential starting XI (4-4-2):
GK: Ter Stegan
Defense: Roberto – Pique – Umtiti – Alba
Midfield: Dembele – Busquets – Paulinho – Rakitic
Attack: Messi – Paco Alcacer
Chelsea potential starting XI (3-4-2-1):
Defense: Azpilicueta – Christensen – Cahill
Midfield: Moses – Kante – Fabregas – Alonso
ST: Willian – Hazard
Barcelona vs Chelsea: Prediction
Barcelona are favourites in this one from several aspects. They have been more dominant through entire season and they are enjoying excellent form, which cannot be said for Chelsea.
However, the visitors won’t give up and we are going to follow the tradition of their head to head clashes and try with both teams scoring.
Barcelona vs Chelsea: Bet Tips
Home to Win @ 1.45
Related Match Previews:
- Ajax vs Manchester United Preview, Predictions, H2H, Lineup + Betting Tips – 24/05/2017
- Malaga CF vs Real Madrid: Predictions, Preview, H2H + Betting Tips – 21/05/2017
- Chelsea FC vs Sunderland: Predictions, Preview, H2H + Betting Tips – 21/05/2017
- CD Leganes vs Deportivo Alavés: Predictions, Preview, H2H + Betting Tips – 20/05/2017
- LASK Linz vs FAC Wien: Predictions, Preview, H2H + Betting Tips – 19/05/2017
- Liverpool vs Middlesbrough: Predictions, Preview, H2H + Betting Tips – 21/05/2017
- FC Barcelona vs SD Eibar: Predictions, Preview, H2H + Betting Tips – 21/05/2017
- Hoffenheim vs FC Augsburg: Predictions, Preview, H2H + Betting Tips – 20/05/2017